We rushed to the space after work on Friday because there was sun -- we quickly put the protective waterproofing coat on the picnic table. Because rain was expected on Saturday & the protective coat needed time to dry, we figured it'd be Sunday before we could assemble it.
Yesterday, Collin called and said, "Hey, your picnic table is cute!". Apparently, Lorenza went ahead and assembled it for us; a very lovely surprise! Of course, we immediately went to the space to 'try' her on. We done did good, ya'll. The blue is very weathered/beachy. And somehow we managed to match the address. We all agree that we should probably get a couple of more tables.


My apron is about 90% complete, I still have to sew on the ends of the straps. As you can see, I made some changes. New strap colors, new pink pockets. I'm very pleased with my first apron.
A lousy shot, but as you can see, the straps cross in the back:


Almost done:

This evening, we are having a little 'thing' @ the Vic. St. space. With the new picnic table in place, it'll make loitering a lot more comfortable. I built a cake for the occasion. Amazingly, I managed to make a decent looking cake, but it's gonna be crunchy, I went nuts with the nonpareils. See?

Next weekend, the American Princes are playing a 90s set -- they will be playing 120 minutes of 90s covers. [Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Dave Kendall emceed?] I plan on dressing the part just a little. A flannel shirt over my little dress, high top converse, and a lunchbox for a purse. This is a for-serious AiLien outfit from '92. Maybe I should seek out some Manic Panic and go all the way!
I'm a little sad that Monday is nigh upon us. But, there are things to look forward to: Getting to see the B-52s & Eclipse Glasses @ Riverfest, the A.P. 90s show, three-day weekend, the Buffalo River float trip (in June) and Gonerfest in Memphis (in September). The Clean are headlining!
1 comment:
I can't wait to see your apron on your person!
Love me some initiative! Good job, Lorenza!
Post a Comment